Grow with UTB
A new job opportunity with United Trust Bank.
This is a hybrid role working 3 days in the office (City of London location) and 2 days working from home
- The candidate will assist the delivery of the audit programme under the supervision of the Head of Internal Audit (HIA).
- The candidate will be a self-starter with a can-do and inquisitive attitude, a strong communicator, and able to work independently as well as part of the team.
- The role requires a desire to gain experience of and evaluate Bank-wide operations in a small, supportive and effective IA team.
- The scope and nature of audits will vary and areas audited include all lending divisions, corporate functions and second line functions such as Credit, Risk and Compliance as well as Bank-wide risks.
- Assist delivery of the audit plan through end-to-end audits, drafting and delivering work programmes for approval by the HIA, being accountable for compliance with methodology and timings.
- Communicate effectively with auditees. This includes understanding business operations, identifying risks and control failures, agree relevant audit findings and value adding practical solutions, and manage stakeholder expectations and competing deadlines.
- Document quality audit work papers on a timely basis to support findings of audit work, in line with IA methodology.
- Draft clear audit outputs (e.g. terms of reference, report/memo) for HIA review and agreement with business.
- Communicate effectively with HIA and team to provide status updates and timely discussion of findings, and to share knowledge.
- Log and track straightforward allocated audit actions through to evidence-supported closure, with oversight and approval by HIA.
- Support development and application of CAATs and data analytics.
- Complete additional activities as required to support operation of the function such as creating MI, business monitoring and file QA.
- Foster a culture of effective teamwork with proactive and positive engagement and constructive challenge across IA and the Bank.
- Develop awareness of external regulations and guidance relevant to audits, including matters of governance and best practice, applying this as necessary.
- Perform work in line with CIIA guidelines and code of conduct.
Skills and Experience sought:
- At least three years of experience working in Internal Audit, External Audit or Internal Control functions in the Financial Sector.
- Fully qualified (MIAA, PIIA, ACCA, ACA, CA, CIMA) preferred.
- Experience of data analytics and/or management preferred.
- Ability to identify, explain and document risks and controls.
- Adaptability, flexibility, resilience and tenacity to deliver results.
- Strong communication skills: listening, oral, written and presenting.
- Ability to assimilate, analyse and conclude on information.
- Critical thinking, professional scepticism and ability to identify pragmatic and practical solutions.
- Good time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Competent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
UTB is a dynamic and expanding specialist bank that provides solutions to our customers and brokers, which help them achieve their ambitions. Recognised as being one of the most dependable and well-respected Specialist Banks in the UK, we were delighted to see our balance sheet exceed the £2bn mark in 2022.
Exceptional customer service and the ability to provide rewarding deposits accounts and flexible lending solutions have helped us to develop productive and enduring relationships with our customers. We understand that their success is our success and that the quality of our people and teams, is key to delivering special outcomes for them.
We also understand that the performance of our people is directly linked to the culture in which they work. There is a strong sense of community at UTB and as well as promoting a clear set of internal values, and providing a wealth of facilities for training, personal development, and team building, we run a busy and varied calendar of engagement and social activity. Typical recent examples include: Pizza Lunch Days and Coffee Catch-ups; London Marathon and Sahara Challenge Sponsorships; Success Sharing and Value Awards; and Awesome Autumn social events ranging from Theatre Trips, Cocktail Mixology, and Cookery Classes, to Go-karting, Mini Golf and Clay pigeon shooting.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus package
- 26 Days Holiday
- 2 Wellbeing Days
- Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance / Income Protection / Critical Illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent career development opportunities and where appropriate sponsorship of a relevant qualification
Celebrating success: what our people say about working at UTB.
Our purpose vision and culture
How we are creating an internal cultural blueprint for working life at UTB.
Get a flavour of the many events and activities across the Bank.