Grow with UTB
A new job opportunity with United Trust Bank.
The successful management of the proposal workload (proposal preparation and KYC) within the Asset Finance Department ensuring excellent customer service in line with service level agreements.
- Responsible for day to day management of the administration of the Asset Finance Proposal team to ensure proposals and KYC tasks are performed correctly and in line with service level agreement
- Provide line management support, training and mentoring to all members of the Proposal & KYC team ensuring that they have regular one to one meetings with clear smart objectives set and any training issues identified and flagged
- Ensure team procedures and documentation are regularly reviewed, fit for purpose and being adhered to within the Bank’s internal policy
- Ensure all Key controls are adhered to by the team and a robust risk framework is embedded within the team; including working within agreed mandates, clear desk policy, completing compliance training within deadlines and logging incidents and customer complaints. Challenge relevance of established business practices and display a solutions focused attitude to all problems faced
- Dealing with escalations from customers (internal and external) in a timely and efficient way providing consistent and excellent customer service
- Work with Sales, Credit and Brokers to achieve the AF leasing target
- Ensure all New Business Proposals are processed in line with AF Lending Procedures
- Ensure all approved New Business Proposals have Customer Due Diligence performed in line with Bank policy with any relevant escalations made to Financial Crime
- Responsible for the production of information both at the end of each day and also at month end
- Ensuring information across all internal systems are correct and reported within the agreed timelines
- Responsible for administrative support to the sales team for broker oversight, including broker on boarding & review process
- Responsible for AML on-going monitoring of the Asset Finance portfolio in line with CDD procedures
- Ad hoc work as required, both in relation to the duties mentioned above and otherwise
- Assist with any projects relating to the work of the Department as required
Skills and Experience sought:
- Minimum 4-5 years general banking experience required
- Previous Supervisor experience
- Experience of Asset Finance essential
- Sound knowledge of banking regulations relating to Asset Finance
- Excellent administrative skills
- MS Office
- AML and Financial Crime experience
UTB is a dynamic and expanding specialist bank that provides solutions to our customers and brokers, which help them achieve their ambitions. Recognised as being one of the most dependable and well-respected Specialist Banks in the UK, we were delighted to see our balance sheet exceed the £2bn mark in 2022.
Exceptional customer service and the ability to provide rewarding deposits accounts and flexible lending solutions have helped us to develop productive and enduring relationships with our customers. We understand that their success is our success and that the quality of our people and teams, is key to delivering special outcomes for them.
We also understand that the performance of our people is directly linked to the culture in which they work. There is a strong sense of community at UTB and as well as promoting a clear set of internal values, and providing a wealth of facilities for training, personal development, and team building, we run a busy and varied calendar of engagement and social activity. Typical recent examples include: Pizza Lunch Days and Coffee Catch-ups; London Marathon and Sahara Challenge Sponsorships; Success Sharing and Value Awards; and Awesome Autumn social events ranging from Theatre Trips, Cocktail Mixology, and Cookery Classes, to Go-karting, Mini Golf and Clay pigeon shooting.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus package
- 26 Days Holiday
- 2 Wellbeing Days
- Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance / Income Protection / Critical Illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent career development opportunities and where appropriate sponsorship of a relevant qualification
Celebrating success: what our people say about working at UTB.
Our purpose vision and culture
How we are creating an internal cultural blueprint for working life at UTB.
Get a flavour of the many events and activities across the Bank.