Grow with UTB
A new job opportunity with United Trust Bank.
This is a hybrid role – 3 days in the office (City of London location) and 2 days working from home.
To provide support to and work closely with the Director(s) – Property Development in managing their portfolio and progressing due diligence on new cases, alongside new business support where possible.
- Assist in maintaining existing customer relationships and ensuring portfolio is adequately monitored. This will include site visits for existing and new borrowers so that the scheme will be understood and a direct relationship established with the borrower
- Prepare Credit Memo papers for extensions and straightforward facility variations for new customers
- Work closely with the Director(s) – Property Development on new cases to ensure they proceed through due diligence as quickly and smoothly as possible. Work closely with the borrower, our professional team, Credit and those responsible for file sign-off to identify and find solutions for any issues arising during due diligence
- Where possible, screen and provide an initial overview for new e-mail and telephone enquiries for development propositions in London and the South East of England
- Assist in maintaining existing and developing new broker relationships
- Where possible, identifying new business opportunities through proactive marketing of non-bank developers, following up and booking appointments for the Director to attend
- Attending site meetings and broker meetings with the Director.
- Any other activities required to support the business
Skills and Experience sought:
- Interest and knowledge of property development and residential property market
- Proven banking knowledge and emerging lending skills
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- IT proficient especially Microsoft
- A level / degree level education
- Self-motivation and drive to succeed – this is initially a home based role although in the future a satellite office may be opened.
- Able to use initiative in order to anticipate requirements
- Proactive and can do attitude, desire to take ownership of matters and deliver solutions
- Willingness to travel when required – this will be a key part of the role
UTB is a dynamic and expanding specialist bank that provides solutions to our customers and brokers, which help them achieve their ambitions. Recognised as being one of the most dependable and well-respected Specialist Banks in the UK, we were delighted to see our balance sheet exceed the £2bn mark in 2022.
Exceptional customer service and the ability to provide rewarding deposits accounts and flexible lending solutions have helped us to develop productive and enduring relationships with our customers. We understand that their success is our success and that the quality of our people and teams, is key to delivering special outcomes for them.
We also understand that the performance of our people is directly linked to the culture in which they work. There is a strong sense of community at UTB and as well as promoting a clear set of internal values, and providing a wealth of facilities for training, personal development, and team building, we run a busy and varied calendar of engagement and social activity. Typical recent examples include: Pizza Lunch Days and Coffee Catch-ups; London Marathon and Sahara Challenge Sponsorships; Success Sharing and Value Awards; and Awesome Autumn social events ranging from Theatre Trips, Cocktail Mixology, and Cookery Classes, to Go-karting, Mini Golf and Clay pigeon shooting.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus package
- 26 Days Holiday
- 2 Wellbeing Days
- Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance / Income Protection / Critical Illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent career development opportunities and where appropriate sponsorship of a relevant qualification
Celebrating success: what our people say about working at UTB.
Our purpose vision and culture
How we are creating an internal cultural blueprint for working life at UTB.
Get a flavour of the many events and activities across the Bank.