Grow with UTB
A new job opportunity with United Trust Bank.
This is a hybrid role – 3 days in the office (City of London location) and 2 days working from home.
The position focuses on ensuring that the Technology and Change organisation meets the objectives of the operating model by overseeing functions such as budget control, IT strategy, governance, operating MI, policies and processes audit response.
- Partners with the CTO in providing technology vision and direction for the Bank, developing communication strategies and ensuring the team is working effectively.
- Oversees company-wide budgeting processes, providing the interface between Finance colleagues, Technology and all business units.
- Plans and forecasts Capital and Operational expenditure in conjunction with the Change team, tracks operating expenditure and provide data insights to all divisions.
- Responsible for directing the preparation, review and consolidation of business plans and budgets for the Technology and Change departments including depreciation panning and forecast future expenditure.
- Overseas the curation of departmental MI for Management Reporting and plays a key role in departmental communications.
- Establishes and implements continuous-improvement programmes for the IT function with ownership of audit findings and driving resolution.
- Responsible for developing and managing strategic vendor and partnership relationships.
- Responsible for coordinating and assessing new vendor contracts and negotiating on behalf of the company.
Skills and Experience sought:
- 10 or more years in IT and business/industry
- A minimum of five years of leadership responsibilities
- Experience in business/industry and technology, managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Chartered Accountant qualifications
- A qualification in Business/Process Analysis– e.g. BCS Qualification, Six Sigma Green Belt, ISEB Business Analyst
- Interest in technology and awareness of technological developments
UTB is a dynamic and expanding specialist bank that provides solutions to our customers and brokers, which help them achieve their ambitions. Recognised as being one of the most dependable and well-respected Specialist Banks in the UK, we were delighted to see our balance sheet exceed the £2bn mark in 2022.
Exceptional customer service and the ability to provide rewarding deposits accounts and flexible lending solutions have helped us to develop productive and enduring relationships with our customers. We understand that their success is our success and that the quality of our people and teams, is key to delivering special outcomes for them.
We also understand that the performance of our people is directly linked to the culture in which they work. There is a strong sense of community at UTB and as well as promoting a clear set of internal values, and providing a wealth of facilities for training, personal development, and team building, we run a busy and varied calendar of engagement and social activity. Typical recent examples include: Pizza Lunch Days and Coffee Catch-ups; London Marathon and Sahara Challenge Sponsorships; Success Sharing and Value Awards; and Awesome Autumn social events ranging from Theatre Trips, Cocktail Mixology, and Cookery Classes, to Go-karting, Mini Golf and Clay pigeon shooting.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus package
- 26 Days Holiday
- 2 Wellbeing Days
- Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance / Income Protection / Critical Illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent career development opportunities and where appropriate sponsorship of a relevant qualification
Celebrating success: what our people say about working at UTB.
Our purpose vision and culture
How we are creating an internal cultural blueprint for working life at UTB.
Get a flavour of the many events and activities across the Bank.