How can I add Third Party Authority to my account?

If you are an existing customer and wish to add a third party to your account, please head to our Customer Forms page to find the third party application form, or click here to be directed straight to the form. Please note that this application form will need to be signed by both you and your third party, and can be returned to us via email to [email protected] or by post to One Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9AW.

What happens if the rate on my Notice Account changes?

If you hold a Notice Account that tracks the Bank of England Base Rate, when the Base Rate changes we will automatically update the rate on your account within 48 hours, and we will email you confirmation of the rate change.

For our regular Notice Accounts, should the rate on the product you hold increase, we will apply the new rate to your account and email or post you confirmation.

If the rate on the regular Notice Account you hold decreases, we will send you notification at least 14 days before the new rate takes effect. We then provide you with an extra 30 days where you may choose to close or switch your account without penalty, loss of interest or providing notice.

What are your opening hours?

We are open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).

How do I contact you?

The best way to contact us is by logging in to your online banking and sending a secure message. Alternatively, you can contact us here, write to us at One Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9AW, or call us on 020 7190 5599 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.

Are there any charges for operating my account?

No, we will not charge you for any of the normal things you need to do with your account.

However, if you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions of your account with us, we may claim fees from your account.

Can I have my account documentation in an alternative format?

Yes, you can request your account information and communications in large print, braille or audio. Please contact us to arrange.

How do I obtain an interest summary?

An annual interest summary is sent at the end of the tax year to all personal account holders who have earned interest over the previous tax year. Business and Charity customers can request a manual interest summary, if required, by contacting us here.

When will I receive a statement?

Statements are issued once a year, the day after the interest is applied to your account, except for Fixed Term Bonds of one year or less, where a letter detailing the interest at maturity will be sent to you.

Should you require more frequent statements, please contact us detailing how often you would like them sent to you.

How do I remove an account holder?

If you wish to remove an account holder from your account, please contact us, confirming the name of the account holder who is to be removed. Please note, you will only be able to remove an account holder if interest has not been applied to the account in question during the current tax year.

We will need confirmation of the removal from both account holders. You can either call us individually, email us separately or write to us ensuring the letter is signed by both parties.

We will send confirmation as soon as the change has been made.

How do I make my account a joint account?

If you wish to add a second account holder to your account, and they are not an existing customer with United Trust Bank, we will require an application form to be completed. Please contact us to request this, and we will then confirm when the account has been updated.

You are only able to add a joint account holder if interest has not been applied to your account during the current tax year.

You are not permitted to add a joint account holder to an ISA as they are Individual Savings Accounts and can only be held individually.

How do I change the name of my account?

If you are changing your name, you will need to write to us. We will require an original or certified copy of a marriage certificate, deed poll (or statutory declaration) or decree absolute.

If you are reverting to your maiden name, we will require your decree absolute together with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, birth certificate or valid passport showing your maiden name.

Your document can be sent to United Trust Bank, One Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9AW. We would recommend enclosing a covering letter along with your account number.

We will send you confirmation as soon as the change has been made.