Grow with UTB
A new job opportunity with United Trust Bank.
This is a hybrid role working 3 days in the office (City of London location) and 2 days working from home.
The Senior Data Engineer role is to develop and to support the Bank’s Business Intelligence (BI) functions. The role is closely linked with the Operating divisions. It requires working with Department Heads and divisional accountants with a strong focus on supporting and developing the Finance department.
- Design, develop, and hold accountability for data engineering services, including storage, orchestration, transformation and semantic layers
- Design & build ELT processes, data warehouse architectures, data marts, cubes, reports and dashboards; in-line with company reporting strategy & best practice
- Design & build relational and dimensional models
- Create reporting solutions in line with standards, architectural principles and practices
- Assess change impact on live systems and processes
- Work in an agile, proactive manner; delivering high quality solutions in agreed timescales
- Assess business requirements and help drive change to ensure reporting solutions add business value
- Follow & enforce the UTB SDLC, best practises, standards and design principles covering all aspects of data lifecycle management
- Ensure that adequate steps are taken to protect data and the UTB data platform
- Stay abreast of technology trends, data engineering techniques/standards to provide input on UTB’s strategic roadmap
- Ensure UTB maintains a low technical debt & identify area(s) for automation & improvement
- Develop Proof of Concepts to prove that business requirements can be met by solutions
- Lead on data engineering activities such as release management, environment controls, CICD pipeline orchestration
- Perform Data modelling, problem solving and data analysis
Skills and Experience sought:
- Proven track record with a Minimum of 5 years BI/Data Warehouse experience with in-depth MS SQL knowledge
- Experience of Kimball
- Solution Delivery experience in utilizing Microsoft BI stack (Azure ADF, Azure Blob storage, Synapse, CI/CD & PowerBI)
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- A desire and willingness to assist with and own people’s problems to resolution
- Strong customer-service orientation with the ability to understand and meet needs of customers
- IT professional with prior experience in a financial services business with knowledge of banking processes would be at an advantage
- Computer Science or Maths degree or equivalent education/experience
UTB is a dynamic and expanding specialist bank that provides solutions to our customers and brokers, which help them achieve their ambitions. Recognised as being one of the most dependable and well-respected Specialist Banks in the UK, we were delighted to see our balance sheet exceed the £2bn mark in 2022.
Exceptional customer service and the ability to provide rewarding deposits accounts and flexible lending solutions have helped us to develop productive and enduring relationships with our customers. We understand that their success is our success and that the quality of our people and teams, is key to delivering special outcomes for them.
We also understand that the performance of our people is directly linked to the culture in which they work. There is a strong sense of community at UTB and as well as promoting a clear set of internal values, and providing a wealth of facilities for training, personal development, and team building, we run a busy and varied calendar of engagement and social activity. Typical recent examples include: Pizza Lunch Days and Coffee Catch-ups; London Marathon and Sahara Challenge Sponsorships; Success Sharing and Value Awards; and Awesome Autumn social events ranging from Theatre Trips, Cocktail Mixology, and Cookery Classes, to Go-karting, Mini Golf and Clay pigeon shooting.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus package
- 26 Days Holiday
- 2 Wellbeing Days
- Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance / Income Protection / Critical Illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent career development opportunities and where appropriate sponsorship of a relevant qualification
Celebrating success: what our people say about working at UTB.
Our purpose vision and culture
How we are creating an internal cultural blueprint for working life at UTB.
Get a flavour of the many events and activities across the Bank.