Grow with UTB
A new job opportunity with United Trust Bank.
This is a hybrid role – 3 days in the office (City of London location) and 2 days working form home.
To support the business by translating business needs into business requirements & outcomes that can be utilised by development teams and vendors. Acting as mentor and coach to develop best practice across the bank.
- Investigate business problems and opportunities
- Undertake research and analysis to understand how a business area works and specify required changes to business processes, skills, data, technology and organisation structures & roles
- Utilise business knowledge and experience to assess and advise on the feasibility and relevance of proposed options
- Assess solutions designs for impacts, dependencies and compliance with the wider bank divisional policies, requirements and strategies
- Be the lead for the detailed specification, writing of user stories and modelling of solutions using standards, methods and techniques as required
- You’ll be the link between business, software engineering, testing and service delivery functions
- Proactively analyse and develop common and consistent processes which will benefit Group reporting and financial management
- Use your skills to plan and facilitate meetings and workshops with stakeholders throughout the change lifecycle; taking responsibility for the management of stakeholder relationships across different levels of seniority
- Support business case development through the identification and definition of business and technical options that will address the business objectives including the analysis of the costs, benefits, risks and impacts for each option;
- Assist business stakeholders in defining acceptance tests for new business processes
- Drive the development of analysis documentation guidelines and best practices
- Identify project risks and issues and escalate these as appropriate, with mitigation plans
Skills and Experience Sought:
- 6-8 years’ experience working as a Business Analyst or consultant with banking experience in mapping processes and documenting requirements, and following these through to solutions
- A qualification in Business Analysis– e.g. BCS Qualification, Six Sigma Green Belt, ISEB Business Analyst
- SQL Data Analysis and Data Modelling skills
- Experience in Change delivery tools such as MS Project, Visio, Devops and other Business Analysis tools
- Interest and awareness of technological developments
- Extensive practical experience of working within agile methodologies, leading on requirements for agile delivery and developing high standard business analysis artefacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with all levels including business process owners, suppliers, IT and stakeholders including senior executives
- Excellent documentation skills – process and requirements documents, and summary presentations
- Inquiring and logical thinker that can assimilate information, sift out key points, and question further.
- Be recognised as the Banks expert in Business Analysis and user story development
UTB is a dynamic and expanding specialist bank that provides solutions to our customers and brokers, which help them achieve their ambitions. Recognised as being one of the most dependable and well-respected Specialist Banks in the UK, we were delighted to see our balance sheet exceed the £2bn mark in 2022.
Exceptional customer service and the ability to provide rewarding deposits accounts and flexible lending solutions have helped us to develop productive and enduring relationships with our customers. We understand that their success is our success and that the quality of our people and teams, is key to delivering special outcomes for them.
We also understand that the performance of our people is directly linked to the culture in which they work. There is a strong sense of community at UTB and as well as promoting a clear set of internal values, and providing a wealth of facilities for training, personal development, and team building, we run a busy and varied calendar of engagement and social activity. Typical recent examples include: Pizza Lunch Days and Coffee Catch-ups; London Marathon and Sahara Challenge Sponsorships; Success Sharing and Value Awards; and Awesome Autumn social events ranging from Theatre Trips, Cocktail Mixology, and Cookery Classes, to Go-karting, Mini Golf and Clay pigeon shooting.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus package
- 26 Days Holiday
- 2 Wellbeing Days
- Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance / Income Protection / Critical Illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent career development opportunities and where appropriate sponsorship of a relevant qualification
Celebrating success: what our people say about working at UTB.
Our purpose vision and culture
How we are creating an internal cultural blueprint for working life at UTB.
Get a flavour of the many events and activities across the Bank.