Grow with UTB
A new job opportunity with United Trust Bank.
This is a hybrid role – 3 days in the office (City of London location) and 2 days working from home.
Interim Role – start no later than mid January 2024 and lasting 12 months.
Responsible for the management and enhancement of the Financial Crime Risk Framework of the Bank.
- Assist the Compliance Director & MLRO by developing and maintaining appropriate systems and controls to ensure effective oversight and monitoring of compliance with all relevant laws and regulations across the bank
- Review of regulatory guidance and change, assessing its impact and making recommendations to the Head of Compliance
- Support the Compliance Director & MLRO on all reporting requirements to internal and external stakeholders
- Development and maintenance of the Financial Crime risk assessment ensuring that risks are identified, appropriate controls are implemented and that risks and controls are reviewed and assessed on an on-going basis
- Ensuring accurate and appropriate Management Information is received by the Compliance Director & MLRO and the Risk Committee on all aspects of Compliance
- Devise the Financial Crime Monitoring Plans and oversee the teams’ completion of these
- Oversight of assurance and monitoring reviews on Business Units’ compliance with Policy and Procedures for Financial Crime
- Act as the Bank’s subject matter expert in relation to all finance crime matters
- Filing suspicious activity reports to the National Crime Agency where approved by the MLRO
- Where the MLRO is not available, deputising as required
- Act as a key stakeholder for projects as allocated by the Compliance Director
- Attend various Business Unit committees as delegated by the Compliance Director
- Keep updated on regulatory developments and ensure that all regulatory changes relating to Financial Crime that affect the bank are reviewed, analysed and drawn to Management and Business Units’ attention for implementation
- Work to develop a compliance culture across the bank
Skills and Experience sought:
- Knowledge of regulatory framework in financial services
- Current knowledge of money laundering, sanctions, fraud, bribery and corruption and market abuse laws/regulations
- Good understanding and knowledge of JMLSG
- Extensive experience in a financial crime assurance and oversight role
- Knowledge of the regulatory and legislative requirements and industry practice for financial crime
- A thorough understanding of regulations and legislations relating to AML/CTF (Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing), Fraud, ABC and Sanctions
UTB is a dynamic and expanding specialist bank that provides solutions to our customers and brokers, which help them achieve their ambitions. Recognised as being one of the most dependable and well-respected Specialist Banks in the UK, we were delighted to see our balance sheet exceed the £2bn mark in 2022.
Exceptional customer service and the ability to provide rewarding deposits accounts and flexible lending solutions have helped us to develop productive and enduring relationships with our customers. We understand that their success is our success and that the quality of our people and teams, is key to delivering special outcomes for them.
We also understand that the performance of our people is directly linked to the culture in which they work. There is a strong sense of community at UTB and as well as promoting a clear set of internal values, and providing a wealth of facilities for training, personal development, and team building, we run a busy and varied calendar of engagement and social activity. Typical recent examples include: Pizza Lunch Days and Coffee Catch-ups; London Marathon and Sahara Challenge Sponsorships; Success Sharing and Value Awards; and Awesome Autumn social events ranging from Theatre Trips, Cocktail Mixology, and Cookery Classes, to Go-karting, Mini Golf and Clay pigeon shooting.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus package
- 26 Days Holiday
- 2 Wellbeing Days
- Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance / Income Protection / Critical Illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent career development opportunities and where appropriate sponsorship of a relevant qualification
Celebrating success: what our people say about working at UTB.
Our purpose vision and culture
How we are creating an internal cultural blueprint for working life at UTB.
Get a flavour of the many events and activities across the Bank.