Grow with UTB
A new job opportunity with United Trust Bank.
This is a hybrid role – 3 days in the office (City of London location) and 2 days working from home.
The Head of Prudential Reporting is:
- A senior member of the finance team with first line responsibilities for prudential matters within finance
- The expert in the Finance team for prudential requirements (e.g. risk weights under Pillar 1 and ICAAP in particular) and regulatory reporting (including liquidity reporting), with a good understanding of the Bank’s business model (including capital and liquidity) such that they are able to link prudential guidance and regulations to the Bank’s business
- A team player able to effectively manage the Prudential reporting team and work well with colleagues throughout the Finance team and business areas across the Bank (lending units, treasury, risk etc,)
- Data literate and able to lead the project to implement Basel 3.1 in the Bank. As a senior qualified accountant within the finance team, also able to contribute on more general accounting topics and projects
- Own all regulatory reporting policies, including the interpretation and application risk weights in the calculation of Pillar 1 credit risk
- Ensure the Regulatory Reporting Framework continues to meet PRA requirements and expectations as the Bank grows.
- Oversight of regulatory reporting submissions, including the annual benchmarking of high risk returns
- Lead the Basel 3.1 project
- Lead the continuous improvement of controls over Prudential Reporting
- Work with the Prudential Risk team (2nd line) and finance’s FP&A team to coordinate and complete the annual delivery of the ICAAP to Board Risk Committee and Board
- Work with the Treasury team on related areas (e.g. IRRBB in ICAAP, liquidity matters)
- Deliver the annual Pillar 3 disclosures to the Board Audit Committee and Board
- Develop the Bank’s Prudential Reporting team’s models and ensure compliance with the model risk management policy
- Develop processes and control framework within the Prudential reporting team
- Co-ordinate PRA visits, including logistics and information provision
- Oversight of all Deposit business’ regulatory reporting to HMRC
- Work with the Financial Controller to interpret accounting guidance (changes such as FRS 102 Triennial Review) and prudential implications of business model changes
- Act as deputy for Head of Finance, when required
- Provide cover for Financial Controller and Prudential Reporting Manager when required
- Ad-hoc projects
Skills and Experience sought:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified
- At least 6 years post qualified industry experience in prudential roles
- Prudential (banking) experience and knowledge is essential, particularly in respect of Pillar 1/Risk Weights, Prudential Reporting and ICAAP
- Project experience would be advantage, particular in respect of systems, data quality, regulatory reporting
- Experience of data manipulation, modelling and visualisation (Power BI or similar, dashboards etc.) would be an advantage
- Demonstrable understanding of Bank’s business model and ability to understand the business
- Strong IT and reporting skills, including good data manipulation skills (see below)
- Ability to drive change and incremental improvements
- Strong and proven ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload, and to manage the workload of others to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
UTB is a dynamic and expanding specialist bank that provides solutions to our customers and brokers, which help them achieve their ambitions. Recognised as being one of the most dependable and well-respected Specialist Banks in the UK, we were delighted to see our balance sheet exceed the £2bn mark in 2022.
Exceptional customer service and the ability to provide rewarding deposits accounts and flexible lending solutions have helped us to develop productive and enduring relationships with our customers. We understand that their success is our success and that the quality of our people and teams, is key to delivering special outcomes for them.
We also understand that the performance of our people is directly linked to the culture in which they work. There is a strong sense of community at UTB and as well as promoting a clear set of internal values, and providing a wealth of facilities for training, personal development, and team building, we run a busy and varied calendar of engagement and social activity. Typical recent examples include: Pizza Lunch Days and Coffee Catch-ups; London Marathon and Sahara Challenge Sponsorships; Success Sharing and Value Awards; and Awesome Autumn social events ranging from Theatre Trips, Cocktail Mixology, and Cookery Classes, to Go-karting, Mini Golf and Clay pigeon shooting.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus package
- 26 Days Holiday
- 2 Wellbeing Days
- Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance / Income Protection / Critical Illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent career development opportunities and where appropriate sponsorship of a relevant qualification
Celebrating success: what our people say about working at UTB.
Our purpose vision and culture
How we are creating an internal cultural blueprint for working life at UTB.
Get a flavour of the many events and activities across the Bank.