Grow with UTB
A new job opportunity with United Trust Bank.
This is a hybrid role – 3 days in the office (City of London location) and 2 days working from home.
To undertake key financial crime prevention and detection activities in line with UTB’s risk appetite and financial crime policies and procedures.
- Primary focus on the investigation of potential money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crime cases where the proceeds of crime is suspected. Investigations are identified through multiple channels including: on-going monitoring, law enforcement requests and/or Internal Unusual Activity Reports
- Review, log, prioritise and respond to incoming Internal Unusual Activity Reports
- Draft and file Suspicious Activity Reports to the National Crime Agency and/or other external agencies, to a high standard and in a timely manner, where approved by the MLRO or Deputy
- Ensure that defence requests and renewals are filed within the appropriate timeframes
- Manage, investigate and close Lexis Nexis true match alerts
- Act as a point of reference for CDD and all other financial crime enquiries from UTB’s Business Units, providing guidance on escalations such as the identification of adverse media, potential politically exposed persons (PEP) matches and higher risk customers
- Monitor the Financial Crime inbox for incoming referrals as requested by the Financial Crime Manager
- Review and sign-off CDD for higher risk customers
- Support the Financial Crime Manager in the completion of monthly Compliance Management Information reporting as required
- Support the Financial Crime Manager in the drafting and revising of Financial Crime policy & procedures
- Support the Financial Crime Manager / Financial Crime Team in the completion of Financial Crime projects
- Completion of other Financial Crime related tasks as delegated by the Financial Crime Manager
Skills and Experience sought:
- Previous financial crime investigations and referrals experience in a financial services company (4+ years)
- A financial crime ICA (or equivalent) qualification at Advanced Certificate level or above would be considered an advantage
- Competent IT (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of UK money laundering, sanctions, tax evasion, fraud and bribery and corruption laws/regulations
- Detailed knowledge of financial crime best practice, including AML risk based approach concepts
- Ability to navigate and interpret the FCA handbook and JMLSG
UTB is a dynamic and expanding specialist bank that provides solutions to our customers and brokers, which help them achieve their ambitions. Recognised as being one of the most dependable and well-respected Specialist Banks in the UK, we were delighted to see our balance sheet exceed the £2bn mark in 2022.
Exceptional customer service and the ability to provide rewarding deposits accounts and flexible lending solutions have helped us to develop productive and enduring relationships with our customers. We understand that their success is our success and that the quality of our people and teams, is key to delivering special outcomes for them.
We also understand that the performance of our people is directly linked to the culture in which they work. There is a strong sense of community at UTB and as well as promoting a clear set of internal values, and providing a wealth of facilities for training, personal development, and team building, we run a busy and varied calendar of engagement and social activity. Typical recent examples include: Pizza Lunch Days and Coffee Catch-ups; London Marathon and Sahara Challenge Sponsorships; Success Sharing and Value Awards; and Awesome Autumn social events ranging from Theatre Trips, Cocktail Mixology, and Cookery Classes, to Go-karting, Mini Golf and Clay pigeon shooting.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus package
- 26 Days Holiday
- 2 Wellbeing Days
- Contributory Pension
- Life Insurance / Income Protection / Critical Illness cover
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Excellent career development opportunities and where appropriate sponsorship of a relevant qualification
Celebrating success: what our people say about working at UTB.
Our purpose vision and culture
How we are creating an internal cultural blueprint for working life at UTB.
Get a flavour of the many events and activities across the Bank.