It is a statutory requirement for all financial services firms in the UK to confirm a client’s identity and address to assist in the prevention of financial crime and fraud. As a result of these regulations we will only be able to open an Account for you once the required information and the relevant documents have been provided. This section will help you to ascertain which documents are required.
Charities must provide:
- List of Trustees
- Evidence of identity of at least two trustees, one has to be the signatory to the Resolution
- Copy of the latest annual report and accounts
- Resolution of the charity authorising the opening of the account and conferring authority on those who are to operate it.
In addition, regulations require us to verify the identity of all account holders and signatories for each new account. To do this we require a copy of an identity document from each individual. The document must be one of the following:
- Valid Passport
- Valid UK Photocard Driving Licence
- HMRC Tax Notification dated within the last 12 months
- Department of Work & Pensions Communication dated within the last 12 months
- Valid Firearms Certificate
- Valid Armed Forces or National ID Card
- Police Warrant Card
As detailed in our Terms & Conditions, we will carry out identity checks from reference agencies based on the information provided and we reserve the right to request additional documentation.
Please also refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy on how we will use personal information received from you.