It is a statutory requirement for all financial services firms in the UK to confirm a client’s identity and address to assist in the prevention of financial crime and fraud. As a result of these regulations we will only be able to open an Account for you once the required information and the relevant documents have been provided. This section will help you to ascertain which documents are required.
Charities must provide:
- List of Trustees
- Evidence of identity of at least two trustees, both must sign the application agreement and one has to be the signatory to the Resolution of authorising the opening of the account
- Evidence of identity of all signatories
- Registered Charities – must provide a copy of the trust deed / constitution and evidence of the Charity Commission Registration
- Exempt Charities – must provide a copy of the trust deed and HMRC notification of charity status
- Copy of the latest annual report and accounts
In addition, regulations require us to verify the identity of all account holders and signatories for each new account. To do this we require a copy of an identity document from each individual. The document must be one of the following:
- Valid Passport
- Valid Photocard Driving Licence (Full)
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs Letter addressed to the customer (dated in the last 12 months)
- Department of Work & Pensions Communication (dated in the last 12 months)
- Valid Firearms Certificate
- National ID Card e.g. EU State issued National Identity Card
As detailed in our Terms & Conditions, we will carry out identity checks from reference agencies based on the information provided and we reserve the right to request additional documentation.
Please also refer to our Privacy and Cookies Policy on how we will use personal information received from you.